Saturday 7 January 2017

How to use Mi Mover.

My Personal Experience with Mi Mover   



1. Make sure both devices have Mi Mover, if not down load from Google Play
2. In my case I am Moving from a Mi4i to a Redmi Note 3,  Both have the Mi Mover Built in to the settings,  > System & Device > Additional Setting >  Mi Move is right at the bottom.
3. Click on it,  You will see the following
     a. I’m a Recipient  (New Phone)
     b. I’m a Sender    (Old Phone 
4. On the New Phone click on I’m a Recipient, and put it down
5. Hold the Old Phone, click on I’m a Sender, and Scan the QR Code that appear on the New Phone,  a line that with the box that appear on the new phone
6. Once everything is ready, on the Old phone click send.
7. Then Wait,  do not off the devices

May take some time, but everything goes over (to a certain extend) photo, document, every thing   
That All, Simple Easy, you might have to do it a few time. 



My Personal Experience
  1. My Mi4i Memory is overloaded,  less then 1G remain Free.  That cause the transfer to hiccup  and hang 
  2. I have to delete files till I have 1.6g free ie 10% 
  3. As I said I took a while everything was replicated into the Redmi Note 3 other then the widgets, down to the home screens and app placement
  4. My Photos, Google Keep, Mi Note, Docs, Downloads, everything when through 
  5. SMS’s, Whatapp’s messages all was ported over nicely.   
  6. My E Book files did not go through 100% ….  L 
  7. My Waze hang …  I think due to my Facebook also hang, I uninstall and reinstall and login using phone number   
  8. My Facebook initially open ok, then it could not up date,  may be due to the fact I try to log into waze using facebook,  I tried to logout,  it hang at this point,  I uninstall, and reinstalled.  And relog in 

My Conclusion :  Good!  It works to a certain extend, save lots of time especially in fetching all my apps for me,  my e book files have been backup and will be reinstalled manually.  ….  Best that such files be done this way. However this is mostly due to the fact that my Mi4i memory is too full.      

Will definitely recommend this to any person who want to transfer all over to a new phone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are responsible for your own comments, as such please comment responsibly. tq - No advertisements etc will be entertain