Wednesday 18 October 2017

Guardian Food Court - Char Koey Teow Stall



Good CKT is easy to find in Penang Island, those that can prepare it the way I like it are a bit more difficult to find, however there are a good number of stalls that knows how to.  

However across the Penang Straits, in Seberang Prai even mediocre CKT has their fans, and one will encounter long wait times despite their special operating hours (of course the champ is still Siam road CKT in GT for long ques), and they will usually  decline to customize your plate,

Having going out of my way or even meal times to try out their "outstanding" CKT, i will have to say that its definitely not my loss that they do not "do" it in the style i prefer or at a more reasonable hour that more suitable for me.  

Having said that, when encountering a newly open stall at a venue i am use to, or a new kopitiam/ food court. I will always give a them a chance or two, after explaining my requirement, i would either know that they are not knowledgeable enough, or have a can do spirit which leads me to this CKT at Guardian Food Court  Location and Map Here  : which is located off Jalan Raja Uda.  

This is a newly open stall, operating at the very front (night only) of a Food court i visit occasionally (due to the low number of stalls, and parking problems).  Originally having decided  to go for the Bak Kut Teh,  I got side track, by the aroma of the CKT, so decided to give it a try.  

After explaining my needed, the cook dish up what is considered a "moonlight" style CKT which is acceptable to me.  

Verdict : A commendable effort, and will be worth a repeat visit.      


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are responsible for your own comments, as such please comment responsibly. tq - No advertisements etc will be entertain