Thursday 13 July 2017

How to Pair A New Mi Band 2 after you loose your old one, - Let's talk Tech Mi Band 2

How to pair a New Mi Band 2 after you loose your old one.  – Let’s Talk Tech Mi Band 2  

(Photo - Mi Band 2)

There must be 100s of Smart watches and fitness band Brands N Types around, but for me Xiaomi produce a functional fitness pedometer around with a clock, superb battery life though the looks are a bit lacking. 

Well to cut the story shot, I drop my Mi Band 2 some where and with a metal strap to boot.  How come?  I found out that if I fasten my Mi Band to my belt, its more accurate,  well I did not strap it on properly.  So a replacement is required.

I decided to purchase through Lelong.com through one of the shops there, and after browsing through Price range from RM92 to RM 160 plus though those come with extra straps, or metal bracelets, leather straps, extra chargers.  I decided to purchase from a particular shop that I have purchase from before  Just for the Std package, RM94.50 per unit, + RM6 for Postage and Paying by Credit card charges all coming up to RM103.75 via Net Pay.  This is somewhat cheaper then the Official Xiaomi Price of RM128   


Photo - Mi Band 2 arrival Packages

So I ordered and paid around 9am Day 1, at 2pm Day 2, Item have arrive in my hands. That like 30 hours from ordering to arrival, Excellent Service, Fast, Efficient & Cheaper, I will definitely put tradeshoppe on top of my buy again priority lists. 

So now for my next problem,  My original Mi Band, could not charge properly so I was unable to unpair it, when my original Mi Band 2 arrive,  so I know I may encounter some problems.  So I browse through the net and read some solutions and opinions.    

This is what I did to pair my Mi Band 2 after losing the original
1.      l      Clear Data and Cache from  Settings > Installed Apps Mi Fit > Clear Data & Clear Cache
2.       Bluetooth to Forget Device, When to Bluetooth Setting > Bluetooth, then cannot figure out how to Forget Device
3.       Uninstall Mi Fit & Reinstall Mi Fit
4.       Relog in to Mi Fit
5.       When in to Mi Fit > Profile (Bottom Left) > Mi Band 2 > Unpair (Right at the Bottom)
6.       Successful ! 

Then I just proceed to Normal Pair the 2 Device
1.       Enter Mi Fit Apps
2.       Click Profile
3.       Click on Add Device
4.       Click on Band
5.       Follow instructions
a.       Make sure mi band is near phone
b.      When the Mi Band vibrate tap on it immediately while it vibrate 
c.       That all then it up as how you like  (Next Post)

At least I manage to skip connecting to a PC as some web site say we have to connect our mi band 2 to a pc and pair,  “Quickly pair from Mi Fit app when the Mi Band Led Lights flash” which is what I did the first time around.


My next post will be on Mi Fit and the Mi Band 2 Setup 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are responsible for your own comments, as such please comment responsibly. tq - No advertisements etc will be entertain